Dallas, Feb. 8, 2011 – There’s great power in numbers and the giving spirit. Thousands of “Mary Kay family members” in more than 35 countries will lend their time and talents to fellow neighbors in their goal to donate one million hours of community service around the world in one month to celebrate the 100th anniversary of International Women’s Day, commemorated on March 8, 2011. Mary Kay employees, independent sales force members – as well as their family, friends and the general public – will join together to make a beautiful difference worldwide during the first Mary Kay Global Month of Service, Feb. 8–March 8, 2011.
- United States: Support women and children at domestic violence shelters by sprucing up their centers, helping in one’s thrift store and making hygiene kits.
- Australia: Assist citizens in disaster relief efforts due to the massive floods throughout the country in January.
- China: Teach children attending a rural school whose parents work in faraway cities.
- Mexico: Renovate buildings damaged by Hurricane Alex.
- Russia: Clean up a cancer center.
- Kazakhstan: Sing with the elderly at special karaoke events.
- Korea: Educate consumers on how to reduce carbon footprints and emissions at home.
The Mary Kay Global Month of Service serves as one of the many examples of the company’s long-standing commitment to supporting our communities around the world. Since the company started in 1963, Mary Kay has emphasized the importance of giving back to others. Whether changing the lives of women and children around the world through charitable activities or finding ways to be even more sustainable and green, Mary Kay is making a difference in our communities where we live and work. For more details, go to marykay.com.
Mary Kay is one of the world’s largest direct selling companies with more than $2.5 billion in annual wholesale sales worldwide. Mary Kay was founded in 1963 by Mary Kay Ash with the goal of helping women achieve personal growth and financial success. Mary Kay remains committed to enriching women’s lives, and today more than 2 million people of all backgrounds are enjoying the advantages of being Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants. Mary Kay’s high-quality skin care and color cosmetic products are sold in more than 35 countries around the world. To learn more about Mary Kay, visit www.marykay.com.