Mary Kay's Traffic-Stopping Pink Cadillac Turns 45
DALLAS – August 1, 2014 – Don’t let the pale pearlized pink paint deceive you – the Mary Kay Pink Cadillac is neither blush or bashful and at 45 years young, she’s never looked better. Never one to shy away from a good time, the Mary Kay Pink Cadillac celebrated her 45th birthday surrounded by 30,000 of her closest friends at Mary Kay’s annual Seminar in Dallas today.
Awarded to top achievers in Mary Kay’s independent sales force, the pink Cadillac is the ultimate symbol of success for Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants. In the 45 years since the program began, more than 22,000 pink Cadillacs have rolled through city streets across the nation with proud Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants behind the wheel.
The pink Cadillac is the most coveted incentive awarded by Mary Kay and is considered to be the ultimate symbol of success by Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants. Currently, there are more than 1,300 Mary Kay pink Cadillacs on the road nationwide.
PHOTO CAPTION: Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants celebrated the 45th birthday of the iconic pink Cadillac at the beauty company’s annual convention in Dallas on Friday, August 1, 2014. Since the inception of the career car program in 1969, nearly 22,000 pink Cadillacs have been awarded to top achievers within Mary Kay’s independent sales force who have enjoyed rolling in style for 45 years. Photo by Michael Mulvey for Mary Kay Inc.
Mary Kay Career Car Program
- In 1969 the top five Mary Kay Independent Sales Directors earned the use of a 1970 Cadillac Coupe de Ville which retailed for approximately $5,900.
- Nearly 22,000 pink Cadillacs have been awarded in the past 45 years to Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants.
- Today there are 1,300 of the coveted pink Cadillacs on the road.
- Since 1969, more than 144,000 independent sales force members have qualified or re-qualified for the use of a Mary Kay career car.
- Other cars offered within the Mary Kay career car program are the Chevy Cruze, Chevy Equinox, Toyota Camry and the newest addition to the fleet, a black BMW 320i.
- Currently there are more than 6,000 Mary Kay career cars on the road across the U.S. including 1,300 pink Cadillacs.
- Mary Kay career cars have logged an estimated 3.8 billion miles across the U.S. since 1969.
About Mary Kay
Irresistible products. Positive community impact. Rewarding opportunity. For more than 50 years, Mary Kay has offered it all. With 3 million Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants and $3.5 billion in global annual wholesale sales, Mary Kay is a top beauty brand and direct seller in more than 35 markets around the world. Discover what you love by connecting with a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant in your area at marykay.com.