DALLAS, TX (July 29, 2019) – Mary Kay Inc. is proud to be recognized in the 2019 Global Workplace 100 Study by Reputation Institute (Ri) as one of the world’s most reputable employers. Mary Kay is ranked number 42 among the top 100 global companies on the list.
“Our reputation among employees and customers is based on the foundation Mary Kay Ash established when she began her dream company in 1963,” said Melinda Foster Sellers, Chief People Officer at Mary Kay Inc. “She envisioned a company based on the Golden Rule that made the world a better place through corporate responsibility, innovation, ethical business practices and people-first management—all factors that contributed to our success in this year’s Reputation Institute study. We’re honored to be named among the most reputable employers from around the world in 2019.”
In the study, researchers at Reputation Institute—a leading provider of reputation measurement and management services—surveyed more than 230,000 individuals in 15 countries. Reputation Institute measured companies based on professional development, total rewards, work environment, market leadership, products and responsibility.
According to the research, over the last year, willingness to work for Mary Kay increased by 6.2 percent, the largest improvement among all the companies measured in the Global RepTrak® 100 study. Mary Kay outranks other global powerhouse brands in a variety of industries across the globe.
“Mary Kay is a rising star in the reputation study—showing the biggest improvement in the ‘willingness to work for’ category of all companies measured,” said Stephen Hahn-Griffiths, Chief Reputation Officer at Ri. “Companies like Mary Kay are reaping the benefits of building workplace cultures that foster inclusion while demonstrating concern for the health and well-being of its employees.”
This is the latest in the series of accolades Mary Kay has received highlighting its position as a global employer of choice. Other recent awards include:
- Top 10 Global CEOs: Reputation Institute named Chairman and CEO David Holl among the top 10 most reputable chief executives in the world according to its CEO RepTrak® 2019.
- Best Midsize Employer 2019: Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Midsize Employers 2019. Mary Kay is ranked number 97 of the 500 companies on the list.
- Best Employer for Diversity 2019: Recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2019. Mary Kay is ranked number 150 of the 500 companies on the list.
- Global Excellence in the Workplace: Mary Kay Spain and Mary Kay Poland earned the 2018 AON Best Employers Award, recognizing organizations demonstrating excellence in the workplace. Mary Kay China and Mary Kay Mexico picked up the honor in 2017.
- Family-Friendly Employer 2018: Mary Kay Hong Kong was recognized by Home Affairs Bureau as a top family-friendly employer.
- Chinese Enterprise Health Management Top 10 Employers 2018: China International Intellectech Corporation honored Mary Kay China.
About Mary Kay
One of the original glass ceiling breakers, Mary Kay Ash founded her beauty company more than 55 years ago with three goals: offer rewarding opportunities for women, provide irresistible products and make the world a better place. That dream has blossomed into a multibillion-dollar company with millions of independent sales force members in nearly 40 countries. Mary Kay is dedicated to researching the science behind beauty and to manufacturing cutting-edge skin care, color cosmetics, fragrances and nutritional supplements. Through The Mary Kay FoundationSM, the company has awarded more than $78 million to cancer research and domestic violence shelters. Mary Kay Ash’s original vision continues to shine—one lipstick at a time.