Global Cosmetics Company’s European Markets Bring Home More than 75 Prestigious 2021 Industry Awards, Recognitions, and Accolades
Dallas, Texas (February 8, 2022) – Mary Kay Europe announces its 2021 year-end awards in a range of categories including business excellence, corporate social responsibility, women’s empowerment, and product innovation. More than 75 prestigious awards highlight Mary Kay’s unwavering business values, commitment to enriching women’s lives, and dedication to the global cosmetic company’s European markets.
“It has been another record-breaking year for awards achieved in Mary Kay Europe which is a true testament to the decades-long commitment and excellence of our independent sales force and corporate teams within our diverse markets. We are beyond proud of the awards and recognition of our collective effort to make a difference in the communities where we live and work.”Tara Eustace, President of the Mary Kay European Region
“The 2021 accolades for Mary Kay Europe are a reminder of our company’s global mission to encourage and propel women to leadership roles, provide cutting-edge product innovation and continue to be a corporate leader in social responsibility and sustainability initiatives,” said Nathan Moore, President of Mary Kay Global Sales and Marketing. “These prestigious awards highlight our company’s steadfast commitment to the principles defined by our brand’s iconic founder, Mary Kay Ash.”
Below is a snapshot of a few of the 2021 accolades:
Excellence in Women’s Leadership, Entrepreneurship, and Empowerment
- Ewa Kudlińska-Pyrz was recognized among the 50 Most Valuable Women in Poland by Financial Magazine for her experience and contributions to Polish business. She also received the Pearls of Polish Business Award as one of the 25 most influential Polish businesswomen.
- General Manager of Mary Kay Russia Alla Sokolova was recognized as a Top 250 Executive in the annual “Top 1000 Russian Managers” ranking where she ranked 5th in the Retail category for 2021 by the Association Managers of Russia and Kommersant Publishing House.
- Mary Kay Ukraine General Manager Viktoriia Zoria-Iatsenko was listed among the Top Women CEOs in Ukraine in Women’s Leadership in the Corporate Sector and Business rating by www.womo.ua – the portal for working women.
- General Manager of Mary Kay Czech Republic and Slovakia Edita Szabóová received the Personality of Bratislava 2021 award. Szabóová received the award based on her long-term professional success in the business category. The award was announced in the Slovak magazine Metropola.
- The event hosted an extensive business program showcasing best corporate practices in protecting the environment, tackling inequality, spreading an entrepreneurial culture, and the power of education. Alla Sokolova, General Manager of Mary Kay Russia, was a key speaker at the event.
- Mary Kay Spain General Manager Gema Aznar was chosen again as one of the 500 Most Influential Women in Spain in 2021 by Yo Dona magazine. This is the sixth year Aznar has received this prestigious award.
Excellence in Business and Employment
- The AmCham Awards Ceremony honors the best business and management practices among AmCham members. For the first time, Mary Kay Russia was chosen as Company of the Year in 2021. The award was accepted by Alla Sokolova, CEO of Mary Kay Russia. AmCham is the American Chamber of Commerce and the largest business organization operating in Russia.
- Among 200 companies, Mary Kay Ukraine was named one of the Top 50 Best Companies in Ukraine that impacted the country’s economy and the lives of Ukrainians in 2021. The rating was prepared by the business magazine Vlada ta hroshi (Power & Money).
- Mary Kay Moldova was honored with the Golden Mercury Award, the grand prize in the category of “Products and Services in Beauty and Health Area” and was also named “The Trademark of 2020” by the Chamber of Commerce and Trade in Moldova. The objective of the program is to identify companies that create and promote successful marketing strategies and trademarks in the domestic and foreign markets, thus increasing the quality of goods and services for consumers in a healthy and competitive environment.
Excellence in Corporate Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- For the fourth year in a row, Mary Kay Russia was nominated and awarded The Best Social Project for its “You Can Do It” collaboration with Cosmopolitan magazine. The project focused on educating others about the benefits of women’s entrepreneurship and debunking myths about the challenges related to being an entrepreneur. Best Social Projects of Russia is an annual event aimed at supporting public initiatives, creating conditions for sustainable development, and strengthening social policy based on the partnership between the state, society, and private business sectors.
- Mary Kay Ukraine and Marie Claire magazine united efforts to raise awareness about breast cancer in Ukraine and encouraged women to take care of their health by conducting self-examination. The joint project titled “The Power of Woman” earned the X-RAY Marketing Award in the category of “Brand Collaboration of the Year.” Mary Kay Ukraine has supported efforts in the fight against breast cancer in Ukraine for 17 years through the Pink Changing Lives program. The X-RAY Marketing Award is given to the best marketing, public relations, and digital experts for perseverance and ingenuity in overcoming challenges.
- Mary Kay Germany received first-place recognition in the German Direct Selling Association CleanUP Award. Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants collected more than six tons of waste for the campaign titled “BDD CleanUps.” The award was accepted by Mary Kay Germany General Manager Elke Kopp in the category “Total Amount.”
Excellence in Direct Selling
- For the third year in a row, Mary Kay Belarus received the Direct Sales Cosmetic Company Number One Award from the Number One national awards. The annual Number One award is bestowed on the best and most sought-after companies, products, and services among more than 4,000 companies that took part in the awards process.
- Mary Kay Ukraine was awarded the Favor of Success as an Absolute Favorite in the category of “Distributor Cosmetics Brand.” The “Favorite of Success” honor is a well-recognized landmark by consumers and a symbol of the highest consumer confidence and high-quality standard.
Excellence in Digital Education and Printed Tools
- Mary Kay Poland was honored with the Innovative Company 2021 award from Home & Market magazine for its Link and Learn training platform. The intuitive and modern interface technology for Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants includes dozens of free training modules in the field of personal development, business development, and product information.
- @mkrussia – earned the annual Digital Communications Awards 2021 in Russia for the successful execution of the brand’s philosophy and expanding its customer network. The Digital Communications Awards recognize projects that have achieved outstanding digital communications with the successful promotion of their products using digital technologies and new media.
- In 2021, Mary Kay Russia was also honored with a Silver Threads Award in the Best Digital Edition category for the company’s Applause digital edition. The Silver Threads program is the first national interregional competition for corporate information resources in Russia.
- Mary Kay Ukraine received a highly valued product recognition for Choice of the Year in the category of facial care products. The Choice of the Year competition has been held in Ukraine annually since 2001. It’s one of the most prestigious business awards and serves as a guide for consumers who want to choose not only popular but also high-quality products and services.
- Mary Kay Czech Republic earned four Cosmo Beauty Awards. The best products were voted on by more than 10,000 Cosmopolitan magazine readers in 2021.
- For the third year in a row, Mary Kay Portugal earned a Product of the Year award for Mary Kay Naturally®. The prestigious award is a worldwide acknowledgment (present in more than 40 countries) that distinguishes products for their innovation and is based entirely on consumer votes.
- Mary Kay United Kingdom and Ireland took home six awards at the 2021 Beauty Bible Awards and four awards at the 2021 UK Global Makeup Awards. The Global Makeup Awards celebrate the best in newly released beauty products including makeup, skincare, haircare, body care, and more.
With more than 1,600 patents and a team of scientists dedicated to producing innovative products backed by proven results, Mary Kay® products in Europe garnered nearly 50 awards in 2021. Among the numerous products recognized by experts in the beauty industry and consumers, these were some of the most awarded:
- Mary Kay® Hydrogel Eye Patches
- Mary Kay Naturally® Nourishing Oil
- Mary Kay Naturally® Exfoliating Powder
- Mary Kay Illuminea™ Extrait de Parfum
- TimeWise Miracle Set 3D®
- TimeWise® 3D Foundations
- Skinvigorate Sonic™ Skin Care System