Dallas, March 8, 2012 – Mary Kay is making a beautiful difference by helping neighbors in need to celebrate International Women’s Day, commemorated on March 8, 2012. Thousands of “Mary Kay family members” in more than 35 countries will lend a hand to fellow citizens in their goal to donate one million hours of community service around the world in one month. Mary Kay employees, independent beauty consultants – as well as their family, friends and the general public – will join together to help others during the Mary Kay Global Month of Service, March 8-April 8, 2012.
From the young to the young at heart, and the indoors to the outdoors, Mary Kay’s service spans the globe, including volunteers who will:
- United States: Lift the spirits of domestic violence survivors during a day of beauty with pampering makeovers, joyful entertainment and inspirational encouragement.
- Russia: Put smiles on orphans’ faces during fun “play days.”
- Kazakhstan: Share warmth and laughter with the elderly at special karaoke events.
- China: Beautify the environment and remove carbon dioxide in urban settings by planting trees.
- Brazil: Bring joy to disadvantaged children by playing games with them.
- Ukraine: Spruce up five cities in one day across Ukraine by cleaning up parks during a “green celebration.”
- India: Empower orphan children by teaching them computer skills.
- Korea: Educate citizens across Korea on the importance of giving blood and where to make donations.
- Mexico: Increase citizens’ well-being by painting and cleaning run-down buildings.
“At Mary Kay, giving back and having a positive impact in our local communities is part of our organization’s DNA,” said Sheryl Adkins-Green, Executive Vice President of Mary Kay Inc. “We call it ‘Go-Give’ spirit, and we’re proud to continue our legacy of giving through the Mary Kay Global Month of Service.”
Paige Flink, Executive Director of Dallas-based The Family Place added: “Our organization and the people we serve need assistance and support from those around us. Because of good corporate citizens like Mary Kay, we together can help those in need in our community.”
Community Support Throughout the Years
The Mary Kay Global Month of Service serves as one of the many examples of the company’s long-standing commitment to supporting our communities around the world. Since the company started in 1963, Mary Kay has emphasized the importance of giving back to others. Whether changing the lives of women and children around the world through charitable activities or finding ways to be even more sustainable and green, Mary Kay is making a difference in our communities where we live and work. For more details, go to marykay.com.
About Mary Kay
Mary Kay is one of the world’s largest direct selling companies with more than $3 billion in annual wholesale sales worldwide. Mary Kay was founded in 1963 by Mary Kay Ash with the goal of helping women achieve personal growth and financial success. Mary Kay remains committed to enriching women’s lives, and today more than 2.4 million people of all backgrounds are enjoying the advantages of being Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants. Mary Kay’s high-quality skin care and color cosmetic products are sold in more than 35 countries around the world. To learn more about Mary Kay, visit www.marykay.com.