Mary Kay joins business leaders around the world to celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the ‘Women’s Empowerment Principles’ by UN Women and the United Nations Global Compact.
When women are empowered, everyone benefits – yet according to the World Economic Forum, at the current rate it will take 140 years to achieve gender equality in top leadership positions. Which is why UN Women and the United Nations Global Compact developed the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) 10 years ago.
In February 2019, Mary Kay joined over 3,000 other business leaders worldwide to support a framework of seven principles to drive gender equality in the workplace, marketplace and community:
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality.
- Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers.
- Promote education, training and professional development for women.
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women.
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy.
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality.
Mary Kay challenges all our corporate partners around the globe to sign the WEPs and to recruit, develop and promote women to leadership positions within their organizations. Let’s be #GenerationEquality and strive to bridge the gap between pledges and reality in achieving gender equality in the workplace!